Monday, November 4, 2013

I don't like change

I tend only to blog when I have a rant that I can't find someone to listen to... I should post a happy article to counter balance. Anyway, NOT tonight!

My last laptop bit it. Yep, it went up in a stinky, pathetic puff of smoke. I took it in to the service department at Memory Express and was not impressed. I waited in line for an extended period of time before anyone acknowledge me and then I was told it would take at least a week and a half to have someone officially tell me what was wrong with my computer...."ummm... it smokes when you plug it in! Hello"

I had had a very similar problem with this same computer in the past so I asked the teenage boy clerk how much it had cost to repair the problem last time. He said that because it was a warrantee repair that there wasn't a price listed which seems a bit odd to me but whatever. He then proceeded to estimate the cost of my computer repair would be around $550-$600 :( Since my old laptop is almost 3 years old and I only paid about $700 for it brand new that price range didn't seem like the best plan so I set about looking for a new computer.

I don't like buying computers, I don't know a ton about them and I don't like spending money very much. I want the fastest fanciest computer but I don't like paying the associated price. So I found a computer that I thought met everything I needed, it seemed to have all the specs of a much more expensive machine and I was kind of happy since it was on sale. But now that I have it home I'm not that impressed.

 It has a fancy touch screen feature but when I'm using photoshop for my photo editing the pictures flicker on my screen! I can't edit if I can't see it well. I'm not doing anything particularly taxing to the computer either. It's not like I have 1 million other things running or a ton of image files open but my new computers functionality in photo shop is sub optimal. I think I may have made a mistake :( I'm not 100% sure why it is flickering but I need to get this resolved. I just want my old computer back!!! I don't like change and I'm not very excited for this new computer especially now that it has been difficult. (I should say more difficult, I don't like Windows 8 much either)

No comments:

Post a Comment